Friday, May 30, 2008

Email Response from PB Kerr

Question 1) What inspired you to start writing? Reading inspired me.
Question 2) How old were you when you started writing your first book? I wrote stories when I was ten; I was about 18 before I first tackled a novel.
Question 3) How do you get your ideas? Reading. My brain. Watching TV.
Question 4) Who were your major influences growing up? My parents and Ian Fleming.
Question 5) What are your favorite subjects to write about? Hmm.
Question 6) Can you tell me some of your background? I was born in Edinburgh in 1956. I trained as a lawyer.
Question 7) What advice do you have for someone who wants to be a writer? You need to read, a lot.
Question 8) How were your grades in school? So so.
Question 9) What books do you read? History and Biographies.
Question 10) Do the books you read ever give you ideas to use in your own writing? All the time.
Question 11) What is an average day for you? 8.30 – 4.30 writing. Yoga.

No comments: